Wherein lies your inspiration?

While on my walk I found myself pondering the difference between motivation and inspiration this week.

After googling for definitions and other’s thoughts on it I came up with this:

Inspiration is that which fills me with life, energy and passion.  It guides my decisions each day.  I would agree with most that it comes from outside of me.   Motivation comes from within me and is what moves me to action based on my inspirations.

I’m inspired by a vision of a healthy world, people living in balance with nature and each other.  To that end I am motivated to make healthy choices around food and activity.  It doesn’t mean that it’s always easy, we all have our days of being totally unmotivated.  When that happens I have to go back to my inspiration, my vision, and renew my commitment to the end goal.

If your inspiration is to live a long and healthy life here’s a little motivation for you:

Daily walking has the power to reduce symptoms of depression by 41%, chances of colon cancer by 31%, chances of coronary heart disease by 36%, chances of a stroke by 43%, chances of type 2 diabetes by 30% and chances of dementia and alzheimer’s by up to 27%.

You can replace walking with any other physical activity each day, allowing for a fun variety of options.  Biking, skiing, snowshoeing even playing at the park with your kids is an option, how fun would that be?

Be inspired by a vision of a strong and healthy body, mind and spirit, then be motivated by all the goodness of being outdoors.

Have fun out there!

This entry was posted in ponderings. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Wherein lies your inspiration?

  1. Natalie says:

    Very nice Linda!! I am “inspired” by You!

Comments are closed.